The BCal Forum
Welcome to

The BCal Forum

British Caledonian - A Tribute

www.british-caledonian.com
The BCal Forum

The forum for the former staff and friends of British Caledonian Airways

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Captain Charles Darwen Stenner

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lester Stenner

PostSubject: Captain Charles Darwen Stenner   Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:34 am

My father Captain Stenner flew for Caledonian from 6th March 1965 to 20th March 1971, when they disposed of the Britannias he went to Donaldsons, as he was nearing retirement and the cost of re-training on the B707 was not viable. The Britannias he flew were G-AOVF, OVJ, OVH, OVI, TMA, STF, TGD, TNZ. Some of the F/O's he flew with were Mullen, Dennison, Stauber, Barnes, Robinson, Leach,Watson,Captain Roy Hermes, Captain Maurice Lothian, Captain de Bruin, Goldsworthy who was later a Captain and I/R examiner, as was Bellamy, Chubb, Whitfield, Gwyther, Mann, Goodfellow later a Captain and I/R examiner, Waldron, Young, Foster(Bob)who went to Donaldsons, Capt Tame, Denis Woolsingham, Atkins, later a Captain on BAC 111's. Many of those later became Captains. Does anyone know if any of those mentioned are still around. Although he never flew with him father knew Dave Thaxters father well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JonHillier

PostSubject: Re: Captain Charles Darwen Stenner   Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:26 am

Hello Lester
Your father must have built up some hours on Brits.I belive Tony Stauber was a Captain with Redcoat Cargo Airlines out of Luton in the late 70's.
Best regards
Jon
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lester Stenner

PostSubject: C.D. Stenner   Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:02 am

Hello Jon, father flew Brits with Ghana Airways for five years, then went to Caledonian, and finished up with Donaldsons on Brits, he did just over 9000 hours on Brits in 13 years, that was a rough average of 69 hours a month. Many months he would do his 100 hours. He always said he enjoyed his time with Caledonian more that with any other airline. I flew with him alot and never was refused permission by Adam Thomson or Stu Calder, they even paid my hotel bill on overnight stops, and would never accept any payment.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Captain Charles Darwen Stenner   

Back to top Go down

Captain Charles Darwen Stenner
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1